Re: Re: [pgsql-www] We should not transition to apt.postgresql.org until we have a PPA - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-debian

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Re: [pgsql-www] We should not transition to apt.postgresql.org until we have a PPA
Date
List pgsql-pkg-debian
On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 04:41:18PM +0100, Martin Pitt wrote:
> Bruce Momjian [2013-02-19  8:44 -0500]:
> > I have been running Ubuntu for 5 years and didn't know the code name of
> > my release until I had to track a bug report a few months ago.
>
> Believe it or not, that's actually great to hear :) The code names are
> mostly some fun thing for developers to avoid breaking our tongues too
> much when we talk about it. But they have never been meant to be
> exposed in stable releases. All announcements, web sites, etc. always
> say "Ubuntu 12.04", not "Precise Pangolin".
>
> (I guess that also has something to do with seriousness and marketing,
> etc. :-)

Specificially, the patch I needed was ported to quetzal, and I had to
wait for it to be ported to precise.  I saw the names on the "Pending
Ubuntu stable release updates" page:

    http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/pending-sru.html

and in discussions about the patch.