Re: Wiki instructions for apt.postgresql.org are wrong - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-debian

From Christoph Berg
Subject Re: Wiki instructions for apt.postgresql.org are wrong
Date
List pgsql-pkg-debian
Re: Josh Berkus 2013-02-13 <511C1588.8050205@agliodbs.com>
> On 02/13/2013 02:35 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> > https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Apt
> >
> > So I tried to follow those instructions, and they completely don't work
> > on Ubuntu.  After following the wget step, there is no file pgdg.list.
> >
> > Is there some reason why we can't have something which works with
> > apt-add-repository?
>
> Sorry, reporting this to the *right* packager now.

Ok, which part of "Edit /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pgdg.list." was
unclear to you? It's a wiki after all, so you are welcome to update
the wording to make it more clear. Should that be a bullet list so it
is easier to follow?

If there's Ubuntu magic to make importing new repos easier, I'd
happily provide support for it.

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/