Re: Slow query: bitmap scan troubles - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Slow query: bitmap scan troubles
Date
List pgsql-performance
postgresql@foo.me.uk wrote:

> Ah okay, thanks. I knew I could set various things but not
> effective_work_mem (I tried reloading the edited config file but
> it didn't seem to pick it up)

Check the server log, maybe there was a typo or capitalization
error.

To test on a single connection you should be able to just run:

SET effective_cache_size = '88GB';

By the way, one other setting that I have found a need to adjust to
get good plans is cpu_tuple_cost. In my experience, better plans
are chosen when this is in the 0.03 to 0.05 range than with the
default of 0.01.

-Kevin