Re: Postgresql-8.4: File System Level Backup (& recovery failure) - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Ennio-Sr
Subject Re: Postgresql-8.4: File System Level Backup (& recovery failure)
Date
List pgsql-novice
* Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> [201112, 19:42]:
> Ennio-Sr <nasr.laili@tin.it> writes:

> I'llb back within 2 or 3 hours..

Sorry, it took me more than a few hours...

Anyway, nothing relevant to add: I made a few more attempts with no
success. Finally I recovered data from a recent dumpall and all went
well.

In  the meantime I got more acquainted with the fancies Debian pg's
version has as compared with the original pg.

I tried the File System Level Backup on the recovered data and it worked
as foreseen; the reason why it does not work with the old backuped data
might depend on the conditions I made that backup: the system was almost
semi-disrupted (the same fact that copied files were shown as owned by
'messagesbus.ssh' or 'avahi.haldaemon' means something was wrong
although I was unable to find any explanation concerning this point...).

I've learnt the lesson and will behave consequently ;-)

Thank you again, Tom, for your time and the wonderful program you
provide.

All the best,
     Ennio

--
[Perche' usare Win$ozz (dico io) se ..."anche uno sciocco sa farlo.   \\?//
 Fa' qualche cosa di cui non sei capace!"  (diceva Henry Miller) ]    (°|°)