Re: AutoVacuum starvation from sinval messages - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: AutoVacuum starvation from sinval messages
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs wrote:
> Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

>> One of us is confused, because IIUC Tom just fixed this this
>> morning, and I'm trying to figure out how many users will be
>> affected by it, and how seriously. Like, do we need an immediate
>> minor release?
>
> You asked what provokes starvation, and the answer is nothing
> anymore, since Tom's commit. No confusion here...

So for all those end users running production with a build compiled
from HEAD after Tom's commit this morning there is no issue. I'm
wondering about those using something else in production. What does
it take for their autovacuum to be stalled?

-Kevin