Re: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL
Date
Re: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL  (Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri@2ndQuadrant.fr>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Tuesday, October 30, 2012 11:24:20 PM Tom Lane wrote:
> The fact that this isn't being done by a large number of
> people (is anybody at all actually doing it?) suggests to me that maybe
> the demand isn't all that great.

It might also be that the idea of implementing that yourself is quite scary.

Also you would need to parse the file to reset values which isn't exactly
easy... I think it only really becomes viable with the introduction of
directory includes where you can use one file per value.

Andres
Services