Re: PostgreSQL driver not visible in windows control panel - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Lionel Elie Mamane
Subject Re: PostgreSQL driver not visible in windows control panel
Date
List pgsql-odbc
On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 10:50:49AM -0700, Fred Parkinson wrote:

> One of the employees here is having trouble connecting to a
> postgreSQL server, so while looking for the problem I opened Windows
> 7 control panel > administrative tools > Data Sources (ODBC)
> >Drivers (tab) and there are no postgreSQL drivers listed.

> This employee can successfully connect to a different postgreSQL
> server on a different web server, so I was startled to see no
> drivers.

If the OS is 64 bits, there may be two ODBC systems on the system: 64
bits and 32 bits. Possibly the employee is connecting through the 32
bit ODBC, but you are looking at the Data Sources manager of the 64
bit ODBC or vice-versa.

--
Lionel