Re: Query with limit goes from few ms to hours - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Query with limit goes from few ms to hours
Date
List pgsql-performance
henk de wit wrote:

> Well, what do you know! That did work indeed. Immediately after the
> ANALYZE on that parent table (taking only a few seconds) a fast
> plan was created and the query executed in ms again. Silly me, I
> should have tried that earlier.

Of course, if your autovacuum settings are aggressive enough, you
should gernerally not need to run ANALYZE explicitly. You should
double-check that autovacuum is turned on and configured at least as
aggressively as the default settings, or you will probably get little
surprises like this when you least expect them.

-Kevin