Re: generated dates from record dates - suggestions - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Gary Stainburn
Subject Re: generated dates from record dates - suggestions
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Tuesday 21 August 2012 02:01:55 Johnny Winn wrote:
> I would define a function and use it to abstract the expected behavior. It
> would appear that there are several conditions so this abstraction would
> provide for both usability and maintainability.
>
> - Johnny

Johnny,

This was what I was wondering, and was looking for suggestions / best
practices on how to do this.

I had first thought of embedding case/when statements in the view but it could
easily become unweildy

--
Gary Stainburn
Group I.T. Manager