Re: heavly load system spec - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: heavly load system spec
Date
List pgsql-performance
Gregg,

> On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 11:39 AM, Gregg Jaskiewicz <gryzman@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I know this is a very general question. But if you guys had to specify
> > system (could be one server or cluster), with sustainable transaction
> > rate of 1.5M tps running postgresql, what configuration and hardware
> > would you be looking for ?
> > The transaction distribution there is 90% writes/updates and 10% reads.
> > We're talking 64 linux, Intel/IBM system.

Just to clarify/verify, you're looking for a system which can handle
1.35M write transactions per second?  That's quite a few and regardless
of RDBMS, I expect you'll need quite an I/O system to handle that.

    Thanks,

        Stephen

Attachment