Re: Libpq question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: Libpq question
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 02:51:42PM +0200, zeljko wrote:
> John Townsend wrote:
>
> > It appears that some developers (Davart) are by-passing the standard
> > client library, ???libpq.dll???, and directly accessing the server using
> > Delphi or FPC. I am not sure of the advantage here. All libpq.dll
>
> I'm FPC user and I use libpq.so(.dll,.dylib) via zeoslib.
> Those who bypass libpq probably uses odbc connections or similar.

The PostgreSQL-ODBC drivers that I know of use libpq as well.

There are other implementations of of the libpq protocol, the Java lib
being the major one.  There are pure perl/python implementations but
AFAIK they are not widely used.

It's not common to not use libpq.

Have a nice day,
> not attach much importance to his own thoughts.
   -- Arthur Schopenhauer

Attachment