Re: Why this regexp matches?! - Mailing list pgsql-general

From hubert depesz lubaczewski
Subject Re: Why this regexp matches?!
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, Feb 04, 2012 at 07:31:25PM +0100, Alban Hertroys wrote:
> > I know that Pg regexps are limited, but even grep's regexps match this
>
> Limited? They're really not. According to the docs they are beyond
> POSIX compliant, even including several extensions as they appear in,
> among others, Perl. That said, the docs do mention a known limitation
> with braces and forward-references - maybe this is related.

Limited - because (for example) Pg regexps, are the only regexp flavour
that I know that you can't have both greedy and non-greedy operators in
the same expression.

depesz

--
The best thing about modern society is how easy it is to avoid contact with it.
                                                             http://depesz.com/