Re: date range to set of dates expansion - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Gary Stainburn
Subject Re: date range to set of dates expansion
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Thursday 19 January 2012 16:50:53 Steve Crawford wrote:
> I'm sure most here would recommend moving to 9.1 rather than 8.4. Better
> performance, cooler replication functionality, more advanced in-place
> upgrade capabilities for future upgrades, a couple years longer before
> end-of-life, advances to windowing functions and other SQL commands and
> much other goodness.
>
> Cheers,
> Steve

Thanks for this Steve.  I would have had a look at whatever the latest version
is before proceeding. However, I'm running this on an old Fedora 9 box and
like to stick to using RPM's.

Can I upgrade to 9.1 on a  FC9 system using RPM's?

Also, the last time I did a server upgrade (FC4 to the FC9 system) upgrading
apache, PHP and postgresql broke so many things in my applications it was
painful. Can anyone suggest ways I can soak test my systems before upgrading
the live system?

--
Gary Stainburn
Group I.T. Manager