Re: Adding German Character Set to PostgresSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Adding German Character Set to PostgresSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
On Monday, January 02, 2012 6:21:53 pm Hagen Finley wrote:
> Yes but I couldn't input your second line - the  ('ä,ß,ö') was not possible
> via the psql client - just got beeped when I tried to type or paste those
> characters.

Hmmm.
Have you checked what client_encoding is set to in postgresql.conf and whether
that setting is uncommented?
Is the PGCLIENTENCODING environment variable set?
So what happens when you get the beep, is the character not allowed at all or is
changed?
Is there anything in the server logs?

--
Adrian Klaver