Re: Page Checksums - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Page Checksums
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Monday, December 19, 2011 12:10:11 PM Simon Riggs wrote:
> The only sensible way to handle this is to change the page format as
> discussed. IMHO the only sensible way that can happen is if we also
> support an online upgrade feature. I will take on the online upgrade
> feature if others work on the page format issues, but none of this is
> possible for 9.2, ISTM.
Totally with you that its not 9.2 material. But I think if somebody actually
wants to implement that that person would need to start discussing and
implementing rather soon if it should be ready for 9.3. Just because its not
geared towards the next release doesn't mean it OT.

Andres