LibreOffice driver 1: Building libpq with Mozilla LDAP instead of OpenLDAP - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lionel Elie Mamane
Subject LibreOffice driver 1: Building libpq with Mozilla LDAP instead of OpenLDAP
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I've revived the old moribund / bitrotten OpenOffice driver for
PostgreSQL (originally at
http://dba.openoffice.org/drivers/postgresql/index.html). As you may
already know, OpenOffice was forked into LibreOffice. Barring any
unforeseen disaster, LibreOffice 3.5 (to be released in early February
2011) will bundle that driver.

As part of this integration, I have a few questions / remarks.

LibreOffice can be configured at build-time to use Mozilla LDAP or
OpenLDAP. We patched postgresql's configure.in to build libpq with
Mozilla LDAP when requested to do so.

I wanted to check that this is not by any chance known to produce a
more-or-less subtly broken libpq.

I'd also be happy to extract from our patch the parts that are
relevant for integration in postgresql proper, and massage them into
the right modularity / form. Are you interested?

--
Lionel