Re: pgsql: Revert the behavior of inet/cidr functions to not unpack the arg - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: pgsql: Revert the behavior of inet/cidr functions to not unpack the arg
Date
List pgsql-committers
Hi,

On Monday, December 12, 2011 09:29:23 AM Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> Revert the behavior of inet/cidr functions to not unpack the arguments.
Whats the plan to handle this wrt a stable release? We had one more report of
this on irc and I got two calls from clients already. And I don't have that
many clients.
It drives machines to OOM very quickly which isn't exactly good for the
reputation of pg's stable releases...

I CC'ed the guy reporting the problem on irc.

Andres