Re: How to add conversion between LATIN1 and WIN1251 ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: How to add conversion between LATIN1 and WIN1251 ?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Friday, November 25, 2011 11:28:06 pm Condor wrote:

> No, charset of databases is the same. I use the same ENV when I upgrade
> sql servers
> and recreate psql database directory.
>
> About client encoding, I never ever has before a configured postgresql
> on my work station
> where I connect to servers. Even postgres user and config file did not
> exists and this
> worked fine in psql versions below 9.1

That is why I included a link to the Release Notes. There has been a change in behavior in 9.1.
 I am assuming that you are using psql to connect.

If you want the details here is the commit:
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=02e14562a806a96f38120c96421d39dfa7394192

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com