Re: How to find freak UTF-8 character? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Leif Biberg Kristensen
Subject Re: How to find freak UTF-8 character?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sunday 2. October 2011 16.34.27 Cédric Villemain wrote:
> you may have miss this one :
> http://tapoueh.org/blog/2010/02/23-getting-out-of-sql_ascii-part-2.html

That's an, uh, interesting article, but as far as I can see, it doesn't tell
anything about how to find a perfectly legal three-byte UTF-8 character that
doesn't have a counterpart in LATIN1, given that all I know about it is its
hexadecimal value.

I know how to do it now, and I consider the problem solved. Hopefully, this
thread may help others who stumbles upon the same issue.

regards, Leif