Re: RES: Foreign PostgreSQL server - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: RES: Foreign PostgreSQL server
Date
List pgsql-general
On Friday, September 16, 2011 4:03:03 pm Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter wrote:
> Ok, managed to get the first part working:

> create extension dblink;
> CREATE FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER postgresql VALIDATOR postgresql_fdw_validator;
> CREATE SERVER simfrete02 FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER postgresql OPTIONS (host
> '127.0.0.1', dbname 'simfrete', port '5432');
> CREATE FOREIGN TABLE emp02 (ID integer NOT NULL, NOME varchar(100) NOT
> NULL) SERVER simfrete02;
> select * from usuario join emp02 on usuario.empresa_id = emp02.id;
> This error relates to the "select ..." part of the script above:
>
> ERRO:  foreign-data wrapper "postgresql" has no handler
> ERRO: foreign-data wrapper "postgresql" has no handler
> SQL state: 55000

You did not specify a handler for the FDW postgresql and per the Docs:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/interactive/sql-createforeigndatawrapper.html

"It is possible to create a foreign-data wrapper with no handler function, but
foreign tables using such a wrapper can only be declared, not accessed. "

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com