Re: Migrated from 8.3 to 9.0 - need to update config (re-post) - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From ktm@rice.edu
Subject Re: Migrated from 8.3 to 9.0 - need to update config (re-post)
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 03:40:07PM -0400, Igor Neyman wrote:

> [...]
benefitof putting a turnstile on the butcher's door.
> I also ordered the book as soon as you mentioned - the title alone was enough to sell me on it! The book won't be for
theerrant sys admin who increased the connections, it's for me - I'll use it to whack the sys admin on the head. Thanks
forthe tip, the author owes you a beer - as do I.

> Will the book recommend any particular connection pooler product, or is it inappropriate to ask for a recommendation
onthe forum?

> Carlo
>

> I'd start with the pg_bouncer: very simple to setup, reliable, no "extra" functionality, which seems by your message
youdon't need.

> Igor Neyman

+1 for pg_bouncer being easy to setup and use and being robust. We also use pgpool here
but its is a much bigger beast and I suspect that you do not need its bells and whistles.

Regards,
Ken