Re: [GENERAL] pg_upgrade problem - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From hubert depesz lubaczewski
Subject Re: [GENERAL] pg_upgrade problem
Date
Re: [GENERAL] pg_upgrade problem
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 05, 2011 at 02:18:18PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> hubert depesz lubaczewski wrote:
> > I'm not sure if it's upgrade thing, or is it because of error in
> > ltree/compilation, but it looks bad.
> >
> > Is there any more info I could show/gather to help debug the issue?
>
> I am confused by the error --- is it not loading, or can you get a
> backtrace of the crash?

The one in logs is not sufficient?
If not - could you tell me how to make the backtrace? I'm by far not a c
programmer, so for this I'd need some tutoring.

> If I had to take a guess, it would be that there is some ltree
> incompatibility from PG 8.3 that we didn't know about.

it's possible.

Best regards,

depesz

--
The best thing about modern society is how easy it is to avoid contact with it.
                  http://depesz.com/