Re: pg_controldata return wrong version - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: pg_controldata return wrong version
Date
List pgsql-general
On Monday, August 22, 2011 5:17:47 am alexondi wrote:
> Hi!
> I use postgresql version 9.1beta3 and use pg_controldata and when I see
> first row
>
> pg_controldata version number: 903

I believe you are actually seeing:
pg_control version number:            903

This refers to the pg_control file and its version.

> Is this right version?

Right version of what? If you mean does it refer to Postgres version 9.0.3, then
no it has no relation to the overall Postgres version number. If you mean is it
the right version of pg_control for Postgres 9.1b3, that I can not tell you.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com