Re: Online base backup from the hot-standby - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jun Ishiduka
Subject Re: Online base backup from the hot-standby
Date
Re: Online base backup from the hot-standby
List pgsql-hackers
> Considering everything that has been discussed on this thread so far.
>
> Do you still think your patch is the best way to accomplish base backups
> from standby servers?
> If not what changes do you think should be made?

I reconsider the way to not use pg_stop_backup().

Process of online base backup on standby server:1. pg_start_backup('x');2. copy the data directory3. copy *pg_control*

Behavior while restore:* read "Minimum recovery ending location" of the copied pg_control.* use the value with the same
purposesas the end-of-backup location.  -> When the value is equal to 0/0, this behavior do not do.     This situation
isto acquire backup from master server.

Jun Ishizuka
NTT Software Corporation
TEL:045-317-7018