Re: maximum size limit for a query string? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas Kretschmer
Subject Re: maximum size limit for a query string?
Date
Re: maximum size limit for a query string?  ("David Johnston" <polobo@yahoo.com>)
List pgsql-general
Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2011/6/7  <andreas@a-kretschmer.de>:
> >
> > Zitat von AI Rumman <rummandba@gmail.com>:
> >
> >> Is there any maximum size limit for a query string in Postgresql 9.0.1?
> >> If yes, what is it ?.
> >>

> > Not sure, but maybe 16 MByte, see
> > http://www.phpbuilder.com/board/archive/index.php/t-10250064.html
>
> isn't it limit for PHP?

Maybe...

Yeah, i think, 16 MByte isn't the real limit, yes. And i've seen
queries larger than that limit, but i can't find the link, sorry.
(maybe depesz.com, dunno, can't remember, i'm sorry)

Andreas