Re: reducing the overhead of frequent table locks - now, with WIP patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: reducing the overhead of frequent table locks - now, with WIP patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
* Simon Riggs (simon@2ndQuadrant.com) wrote:
> Before you arrived, it was quite normal to suggest tuning patches
> after feature freeze.

I haven't been around as long as some, but I think I've been around
longer than Robert, and I can say that I don't recall serious
performance patches, particularly ones around lock management and which
change a fair bit of good, generally being white-listed from feature
freeze or being pushed in after beta1.

Perhaps I've missed them or perhaps there's been a few exceptions that
I'm not remembering that make it look routine rather than an exception
basis.  We might have tweaked a config variable or changed a #define
somewhere close to the end of a cycle, but I really don't put those into
the same category as this change.
Thanks,
    Stephen