Re: Online base backup from the hot-standby - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jun Ishiduka
Subject Re: Online base backup from the hot-standby
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I don't much like that approach. The standby would need to be able to
> write the backup history file to the archive at the end of backup, and
> we'd have to reintroduce the code to fetch it from archive and, when
> streaming, from the master. At the moment, the archiver doesn't even run
> in the standby.

Please teach the reason for "The standby would need to be able to write
the backup history file to the archive at the end of backup" .
(I'd like to know why "to only pg_xlog" is wrong .)

Because there is the opinion of "Cascade replication" , I don't want to
realize the function with the method which the standby requests to execute
it on the primary server .

(The opinion of "Cascade replication":       http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2011-05/msg01150.php)

Jun Ishizuka
NTT Software Corporation