Role for CSV import - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz
Subject Role for CSV import
Date
List pgsql-general
I have a database that will be populated solely by CSV import.
There are several CSV file formats, all denormalized.

I have created interim tables which match the CSV file formats. An
insert trigger distributes the data to their appropriate destination
tables. The destination tables themselves have insert/update triggers
for automated data clean-up. Any unresolvable inconsistencies are
reported in a log table.

I don't want the triggers to fire for every insert/update. There might
be situations where I have to perform some data clean-up manually.

So, my idea is to create a role for import, query current_user in the
trigger, perform the trigger actions for importuser and just return the
row unadulterated for adminuser.

I would give privileges to the importuser for the tables being
explicitly and implicitly populated.

Is that the best way to organize this?

=====
setup: PostgreSQL 8.4