Re: performance-test farm - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: performance-test farm
Date
List pgsql-hackers
* Andrew Dunstan (andrew@dunslane.net) wrote:
> First up, you guys should be aware that Greg Smith at least is
> working on this. Let's not duplicate effort.

Indeed.  I'm also interested in making this happen and have worked with
Greg in the past on it.  There's even some code out there that we
developed to add it on to the buildfarm, though that needs to be
reworked to fit with Andrew's latest changes (which are all good
changes).

We need a bit of hardware, but more, we need someone to clean up the
code, get it all integrated, and make it all work and report useful
information.  My feeling is "if you build it, they will come" with
regard to the hardware/performance machines.
Thanks,
    Stephen