BUG #6008: Can't contact Tom Lane :) - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From gab
Subject BUG #6008: Can't contact Tom Lane :)
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      6008
Logged by:          gab
Email address:      korsani@free.fr
PostgreSQL version: 8.4.8
Operating system:   FreeBSD
Details:

I opened a bug (#6007), that was handled by Tom Lane. He wrote me a mail,
but when I answer the mail come back to me ("Returned to sender")

I write here my response :
------------->8--------------

Hi,
Here : http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/app-pgrestore.html
You can read :
-C
--create

    Create the database before restoring into it. (When this option is used,
the database named with -d is used only to issue the initial CREATE DATABASE
command. All data is restored into the database name that appears in the
archive.)

-d dbname
--dbname=dbname

    Connect to database dbname and restore directly into the database.

Although "All data is restored into the database name that appears in the
archive" is unclear, as when dumping with "pg_dump -F c" the dump does not
contain the database name ...