Re: FUSION-IO io cards - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From
Subject Re: FUSION-IO io cards
Date
List pgsql-performance
Fusion SSDs install on PCIe slots, so are limited by slot count.  None, so far as I recall, are bootable (although
Fusionhas been promising that for more than a year).  If you've a BCNF schema of moderate size, then any SSD as primary
storeis a good option; Fusion's are just even faster.  If you've got the typical flatfile bloated schema, then while
SSDwill be faster (if you've got the $$$), PCIe is not likely to have sufficient capacity.

SSD is the reason to refactor to a Dr. Coddian schema.  Few have taken the opportunity.

regards,
Robert