Re: SSDs with Postgresql? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Benjamin Smith
Subject Re: SSDs with Postgresql?
Date
List pgsql-general

After a glowing review at AnandTech (including DB benchmarks!) I decided to spring for an OCX Vertex 3 Pro 120 for evaluation purposes. It cost about $300 with shipping, etc and at this point, won't be putting any

Considering that I sprang for 96 GB of ECC RAM last spring for around $5000, even if I put the OCX drives in pairs w/RAID1, I'd still come out well ahead if it allows me to put off buying more servers for a year or two.

-Ben

On Thursday, April 14, 2011 02:30:06 AM Leonardo Francalanci wrote:

> have a look at

> http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/Intel-SSDs-that-may-not-suck-td426

> 8261.html

> It looks like those are "safe" to use with a db, and aren't that expensive.

believed to be clean.