Re: pgsql 9.0.1 table corruption - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alan Hodgson
Subject Re: pgsql 9.0.1 table corruption
Date
List pgsql-general
On April 14, 2011 08:10:47 am Dan Biagini wrote:

> I suspect that it may have occurred during a filesystem level backup
> (ie pg_start_backup(), tar -czf..., pg_stop_backup()), as I performed
> a backup and moved the database to a different system.  After
> restoring the files and starting postgres I began getting these
> errors.  I have tried restoring multiple times with the same tar
> archive with the same results (on different systems).

Did you perform a PITR restore using that tar as a base backup? Do any errors
occur?  The tar file alone will not be an intact backup, as I'm sure you're
aware.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/continuous-archiving.html#BACKUP-
PITR-RECOVERY