SSDs with Postgresql? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Benjamin Smith
Subject SSDs with Postgresql?
Date
Re: SSDs with Postgresql?
Re: SSDs with Postgresql?
List pgsql-general

The speed benefits of SSDs as benchmarked would seem incredible. Can anybody comment on SSD benefits and problems in real life use?

I maintain some 100 databases on 3 servers, with 32 GB of RAM each and an extremely rich, complex schema. (300+ normalized tables)

I was wondering if anybody here could comment on the benefits of SSD in similar, high-demand rich schema situations?

-Ben
believed to be clean.