Re: Back-patch plpgsql fix for rowtypes with dropped columns? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Back-patch plpgsql fix for rowtypes with dropped columns?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Thursday 07 April 2011 18:10:35 Tom Lane wrote:
> I don't currently have a need to fix this before 8.4, and it looks like
> the existing patch doesn't apply easily to 8.3 anyway.  So I'm only
> proposing to do this in 8.4.
> Comments, objections?
I personally look forward to that as it has caused quite a bit of work in the
field working around that problem. And I et quite a bit of calls asking what to
do when that problem manifests. And all answers to that question suck.

Not touching execQual.c sounds sensible.

Andres