Re: forums.postgresql.com.au - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: forums.postgresql.com.au
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Apr 06, 2011 at 10:08:15PM +1000, Elliot Chance wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> It has been a long time since this was brought up. It's time.
>
> Any important concerns should be discussed at (to keep everyone looking at the same place):
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Forums_at_postgresql.com.au
>
> But also keep general discussion on the mailing list.

Having looked at that very briefly, there seems to be no consideration
that this was all done once before, for Usenet.  Has anyone looked at
how those issues were resolved there?  (FWIW, my impression was
"mostly, they weren't".  I have pretty serious doubts you're going to
do better.  Why do these two completely different styles of
interaction need to be merged anyway?  I think adding forum traffic to
the mailing list will be yet another way to make the lists less
useful.)

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@crankycanuck.ca