Re: cast from integer to money - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: cast from integer to money
Date
Re: cast from integer to money
List pgsql-hackers
* Kevin Grittner (Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov) wrote:
> If you're just talking about going in the one direction, I might be
> persuaded that's sane, especially because of the case of literals,
> and especially since there are currencies where fractional amounts
> aren't used in the conventional representation.

Going just integer->money, with the "1" -> "$1.00", seems completely
reasonable to me.  As for being too late in the cycle..  if someone's
willing to do the work, I can't imagine it breaking anything, so I
wouldn't be against putting it in.  It really should be before the
first beta tho.
Thanks,
    Stephen