Re: Patch to git_changelog for release note creation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Patch to git_changelog for release note creation
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Bottom line:  I need to start the release notes today --- I can hack my
> own version and we can revisit this later, which I am afraid will be in
> one year, or we can just add what I have and we can keep hacking on it
> as needed.

Oh, one more thing.  pgcvslog was added to src/tools by me for release
note generation.  I asked for git_changelog for release note generation.
Now saying we don't want to modify git_changelog because it would be too
tied to release note generation seems silly because no one wanted the
tool until I added a CVS version for release notes.  As proof, pgcvslog
output exactly the format I needed for release notes, and had no option
for any other output format.

As I understand it now, git_changelog is replacing pgcvslog and cvs2cl.

http://enterprisedb.com