Re: psql expanded auto - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: psql expanded auto
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I have added a link to this on the TODO list:
Add "auto" expanded mode that outputs in expanded format if "wrapped"mode can't wrap the output to the screen width
*Re: psql wrapped format default for backslash-d commands    *
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2010-12/msg01638.php

Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> I have often found myself wanting that psql automatically switch between
> normal and \x mode depending on the width of the output.  Would others
> find this useful?
>
> Attached is a crude demo patch.  Enable with \pset expanded auto.

[ Attachment, skipping... ]