Re: Upgraded to 9.0.3, No Man Pages - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Upgraded to 9.0.3, No Man Pages
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thursday, March 10, 2011 11:36:36 am Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Rich Shepard wrote:
> > On Thu, 10 Mar 2011, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > > I don't think we ever researched how to install manual pages in all the
> > > distributions.  /share does make sense; not sure why that doesn't
> > > happen.
> >
> > Bruce,
> >
> >    That's where they were installed with 9.0.1 and that's where I
> >    expected to
> >
> > find them after upgrading to 9.0.3. No such luck.
>
> Odd.  How did you do the install?  Via source?

When I went to check I found my source install of 9.0.3 did not install docs.
Comparing the GNUMakefiles from an 8.4 and 9.0.3 install shows that the docs
have been split out to the targets docs: and install-docs: and are no longer in
the targets all: and install:

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com