Re: Perl 5.12 complains about ecpg parser-hacking scripts - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: Perl 5.12 complains about ecpg parser-hacking scripts
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 02, 2011 at 01:33:35PM -0600, Andy Colson wrote:
> I thought Kris was going to work on this, but saw no progress, and I
> was bored the other day, so I started working on it.
>
> Here is a parse.pl, with some major refactoring.
>
> I named it with a 2 so I could run it beside the original and diff em:

Thanks for all the work.

> I am sure there are new bugs.  I have not run it on anything but
> 9.0.1.  Are there other .y files you might feed it? (something other
> than backend/parser/gram.y?)

I ran it against several versions and it always gave the right output. So i
decided to just commit it to the archive so we can see if it breaks anything.
The old script is still in there so in case of a major problem that I cannot
foresee we can simply change the Makefile back to using parse.pl.

Michael

--
Michael Meskes
Jabber: michael.meskes at googlemail dot com