Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Remove more SGML tabs. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Fetter
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Remove more SGML tabs.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 09:16:09PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On tor, 2011-02-10 at 10:40 -0800, David Fetter wrote:
> > I think all such checks belong in .git/hooks/pre-commit, and need
> > to be as cross-platform as needed for committers.  Would a
> > *n*x-based version do for a start?
>
> I think as a matter of principle, the only things that belongs into
> git hooks are things that relate to the repository itself, such as
> commit metadata (author checks, commit message spell checks, etc.).
> Anything that relates to the source belongs into the source.

So on that principle, should "make check" do these checks?

Just to put another viewpoint out there, the reason that such hooks
exist is precisely to enable people to do deeper checks than commit
metadata.

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!