Re: Backup/Restore Needed for Upgrade from 9.0beta4? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Backup/Restore Needed for Upgrade from 9.0beta4?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tuesday, February 08, 2011 10:41:15 am Lee Hughes wrote:
>  From section 15.4 of the manual:
>
> "If you are upgrading from PostgreSQL "9.0.x", the new version can use
> your current data files so you should skip the backup and restore steps"
>
> Is 9.0beta4 considered a 9.0.x version, or do I need to backup/restore
> when upgrading from that version?
>
> Thanks much-
>
> Lee

This announcement for the Postgres 9.0rc1 indicated a dump and restore for
migration from the betas. I take this to mean yes to dump/restore for what you
are doing.
http://www.postgresql.org/about/news.1230

--
Adrian Klaver