Re: data import: 12-hour time w/o AM/PM - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz
Subject Re: data import: 12-hour time w/o AM/PM
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Tue, 8 Feb 2011 18:38:44 -0000
"Oliveiros d'Azevedo Cristina" <oliveiros.cristina@marktest.pt> wrote:

> [...]

On a given day, between 6-9 events are staged, about 1/2 hour apart. If
the set of events spans 12:00, I definitely know that this isn't
midnight. I also know the order within a set.
Looking at a particular
location, which contributes to 80% of the data, there have been no
events at 10:?? ever (so far).

Looking at it as a human being I can decide in a fraction of
a second whether it's AM or PM. I just can't think of an automated
procedure how to transform this half-baked 12-hour nonsense into a time.