Re: Displaying text appears as hex data - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Karsten Hilbert
Subject Re: Displaying text appears as hex data
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Feb 08, 2011 at 02:19:49PM +0100, Michael wrote:

> >> The arrow in the last line indicates that 'convert_from' is not
> >> correctly parsed.
> >>
> >My understanding was that your msg column was of type bytea.  Is this
> >not the case?  Or is it a different column which needs converting?
> >
> The main developer has confirmed that the msg column is stored
> as a BLOB,

That is not really possible since PostgreSQL does not have a
"BLOB" data type as such.

It would either be a BYTEA column or a Large Object (which
would live elsewhere and not inside the table you work on).

> and I'm nearly sure that bytea is used in this case.

Very likely.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346