Re: How best to load modules? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steve White
Subject Re: How best to load modules?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

Here is the best cludge so far.  To load the module 'tablefunc' from the
contrib/ directory, process the output of the 'pg_config' program with unix
commands.  The 'pg_config' program is often distributed in a package
separate from  postgresql.

\set tablefunc `pg_config|grep SHAREDIR|sed "s/SHAREDIR = \(.*\)/\1\/contrib\/tablefunc.sql/g"`
\i :tablefunc

This isn't very robust, but at least it allows me to load and unload stuff
from a single sql script on two different distros.

Cheers!