Re: Postgresql 9.0.2 explain analyze very slow (10x), compared to actual query time - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Achilleas Mantzios
Subject Re: Postgresql 9.0.2 explain analyze very slow (10x), compared to actual query time
Date
List pgsql-admin
Στις Friday 14 January 2011 23:20:25 ο/η Kevin Grittner έγραψε:
> Achilleas Mantzios <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com> wrote:
>
> > What i am asking is ways to understand what is going on, and what
> > to expect when i will have to actually perform the production
> > upgrade to 9.0.2
>
> Sorry to have focused on the wrong issues from your latest post.
> Here's what I suggest to try to get you the best information.
>
> (1)  Abandon this thread, start a new one on the performance list
> with a different subject line.

I agree about the subject line. But whouldn't -bugs be a more apropriate place than -performance?
Pre 8.3 (e.g. 7.4), EXISTS used to run faster than IN, this was fixed in 8.3 (which was IMO a milestone in postgresql
performance),
should not that be the case with 9.0 as well?

--
Achilleas Mantzios