Re: DISCARD ALL ; stored procedures - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: DISCARD ALL ; stored procedures
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Really it seems to me that changing the search path ought to discard
> anything that might have been done differently had the search path
> been different, but I don't think that's back-patch material.

I like that idea, but I agree it wouldn't be back-patchable, and I could
see arguments against it also (convoluting the GUC mechanics, etc).

> > Making it part of DISCARD PLANS; and back-patching it to 8.3 where
> > DISCARD was introduced would be awesome for me. :)
>
> I'd need to look at this more closely before committing anything, but
> at first blush I think that's reasonable.  Have a patch?

Sadly, no..  To be honest, I was fully expecting a response of "that's
hard to do."  I'm not sure we have any mechanics in place for throwing
away stored procedure plans, but I'll go look and see if I can come up
with something.  Would *love* to get this fixed.
Thanks!
    Stephen