Re: How to use pgbouncer - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas Kretschmer
Subject Re: How to use pgbouncer
Date
List pgsql-general
Richard Broersma <richard.broersma@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2010/12/21 Filip Rembiałkowski <filip.rembialkowski@gmail.com>:
> >> Or if there is another useful tool available for Connection Pooling. Please
> >> guide me for this.
> >
> > yes there are some; see
> > http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Replication,_Clustering,_and_Connection_Pooling
> >
> > it depends on what you need. pgbouncer is the smallest and most
> > lightweight pooler available.
>
> Also, Pgbouncer is the only connection-pooler that work on MS-Windows
> that is released for production use.

I'm looking for a solution to split read and write access to different
servers (streaming replication, you know ...). Can i do that with
pgpool? (setting backend_weightX=0 or 1)? I have read the doc, but i'm
not sure if pgpool the right solution, maybe you can enlighten me?
(or someone else ...)

Andreas