BUG #5796: Problem with history-files - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Volker
Subject BUG #5796: Problem with history-files
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      5796
Logged by:          Volker
Email address:      vowaha19@aol.com
PostgreSQL version: 1.12.1
Operating system:   Windows XP
Details:

Hi,

first of all I have to say taht pg-admin is really a great tool and this is
my first problem with this program.

In our company all user-names start with a '$' (don't know why :)).

When I take a look in File=>Options=>QueryTool=>history-file* the
default-file-name is 'd:\Dokumente und
Einstellungen$myusername\Anwendungsdaten\postgresql\pgadmin_histoqueries.xml
' and not 'd:\Dokumente und
Einstellungen\$htkwav\Anwendungsdaten\postgresql\pgadmin_histoqueries.xml'.
The backslash before the username is missing.

When I try to change the location it isn't possible as the file is required.
When I create an empty file the it isn't accepted as it has the wrong
format.

Regards

Volker

* same with bookmark-file  and macro-file